The Lean Green Bean

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Hello My Friends!

I hope all of you are enjoying a wonderful holiday with your loved ones! Over the past few days we've been on a mission to clean out the fridge. Two nights ago, in an effort to use up leftovers, we used some of the roasted pork to make a fritatta for dinner. I diced up the rest and stuck it in the freezer.



 Christmas Eve morning, I got up early to do some food prep. For breakfast, I enjoyed an apple topped with some homemade granola and some yogurt...then I got to work!


I was in charge of appetizers for Christmas day and I wanted to make them somewhat healthy...plus I needed to clean out the vegetable drawer...so I decided to make some baked veggie and turkey cocktail meatballs. It also gave me an excuse to use up the rest of my homemade bbq sauce:


I froze some of the meatballs to use later in spaghetti:


To use up the rest of the veggies, I whipped up some veggie rollups



And finally, I baked another batch of sweet potato biscuits for Christmas dinner!


This morning, the hubby and I exchanged gifts before going over to my in-laws. The dogs even got some new Christmas sweaters :)


 The hubby loved his presents this year! I did a good job :) He did great as well...I got some super cool stuff!!!


Now it's time to do a little cleaning and pack some clothes because we're off to NYC tomorrow!!

Merry Christmas :)

--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home