The Lean Green Bean

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup


Remember these books?! I used to LOVE them!

It's been a long week my friends.  Don't you agree? So long, in fact, that the hubby and I put the trash out last night and neither of us realized that our trash does not actually go out until Thursday night...whoops!

In food news, I have a sad sad sight to share with you. Look at your own risk:






That is my vegetable drawer. Usually it is stuffed so full that I can barely get the drawer to close. In comparison, the above is quite pathetic. I won't even show you the state of the rest of the fridge!

I didn't have time to plan a full menu this past weekend and I never made it to the grocery store, so I've kinda been winging it these last few days. But when I saw those three ingredients, I had no trouble getting inspired. Chicken noodle soup it was! I love soup, specifically soup with lots of broth. And now that I make my own veggie broth, I can eat all I want without worrying about the sodium content...YIPPEE!!!

So I sauteed some onions, carrots, celery and black pepper:


I pulled out a couple blocks of broth, tossed them in the pot and let them melt:


 

While those were cooking, I found a lone chicken breast in the freezer. I cooked that and added it to the pot with some noodles and voila!




 
I'm off to nourish my soul :)
Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home