The Lean Green Bean

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cranberry Sauce


This is the real deal...not the from-a-can-kind....Delicious by itself or as a turkey topper! There were several Thanksgivings when I was younger where I ate nothing but cranberry sauce, jello and cornbread. Heaven :)


I had to make a few adjustments this year because I didn't want to go to the store

Here's what you need:
1 c sugar
1 bag fresh cranberries
1/2 c raspberry vinegar
1/4 c water
1 Tbsp orange peel
1 cinnamon stick

I didn't have raspberry vinegar so I used white wine vinegar. I didn't really measure my orange peel...I just cut the peel off two of the slices of orange that I didn't stuff in the turkey


Here's what you do:
Combine the sugar, vinegar and water in a saucepan:




Heat to a boil, then reduce to simmer and stir until sugar dissolves:


Add cranberries, cinnamon stick and orange peel:



Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cranberries burst:



Remove from heat and fish out the cinnamon stick and orange peel:



Cool and eat :)



Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home