The Lean Green Bean

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin French Toast


Last night I decided that I HAD to have french toast in the morning. But the only bread we had in the house was sandwich bread...so that wasn't going to work. I decided to bust out the Breadman and make myself a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. I opted for a recipe I found on the internet instead of the one in my little Breadman book because I didn't have any dry milk. So here is the one I used:


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups warm water -- (110 degrees)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine -- softened
3 1/4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup white sugar (I only used 2 Tbsp)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I only used 1 tsp)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used closer to 1 1/2 tsp)
3 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast (I used closer to 3 tsp)
3/4 cup raisins (because I am a good wife and my hubby doesn't like raisins, I used less than this)

Place ingredients in order suggested by your machine's manufacturer.
Select fruit add in choice.  Add raisins when indicated by your manufacturer.
This recipe yields a 1 1/2 pound loaf.

When I got up to feed the dogs this morning, it smelled WONDERFUL. Of course, this always seems to happen to me:


But what it lacks in looks, it made up for in taste. I removed it from the machine and left it safely in the pantry to cool until I got up for real.


While the hubby was off buying paint this morning, I cut a few thick slices of the bread:


Then I mixed together some eggs and milk and soaked the slices in the egg mixture:



 
Then I popped them on a hot griddle, cooked them until they were golden brown and dug in!




Hope you're enjoying your Saturday. I'll leave you with reasons #127 and #242 why I love my pets:

I have a cat that fetches better than one of my dogs:



And a dog who sometimes thinks he's a human and needs to sit on the couch and watch TV:


Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

weird... we had french toast on saturday too. we used eggs and milk but then used a 1/2 tsp of sugar and a 1/2 tsp of salt and a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. it was great but i'd use a 1/4 tsp of salt and a whole tsp of cinnamon. breakfast... yum... especially b for d!

November 21, 2010 at 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

yum! I love french toast AND i love cinnamon...i always add extra :)

November 21, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home