Chewy Lemon Cookies
Alright everybody...listen up! These might be my new favorite cookies! Maria at Oh Healthy Day posted them on Monday and I have been thinking about them non-stop all week. But I've had ZERO time to make them. Well, I survived my busy week and as a reward, I let myself make these! They are unhealthy, lemony and Oh So Delicious!
Here's the original recipe from My Baking Addition
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of one large lemon, finely minced
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. (You guys know I always skip this step!)
3. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest.
5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
6. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Fluffy, chewy....and I've already had 4. I also haven't had dinner yet :) Whoops!