The Lean Green Bean

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Make it Work!


Hi friends,

I had great plans for tonight....


I was going to make my mother-in-law's White Chicken Chili.


I even prepared ahead of time. (I cooked the chicken on Monday when I was cooking the chicken for our paninis so it would be ready to dump in the soup)


But alas, my plans were foiled.


When I came home from school, I discovered that the hubby had EATEN half of said chicken for lunch!


Sigh.......but we made it work :)




Leftovers it was. I used to love leftover night growing up. We would pull all the Tupperware out of the fridge and spread it out on the counter. Then everyone would make up their own plate of whatever they wanted. The worst part was waiting for the microwave....turns out it still is!


But have no fear, I'll still share the soup recipe with you. Maybe next week!


In other news, I noticed I've got a bunch of new bookmarks saved up, so I thought I'd share some with you.

Lindsay Loves:

Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread from Lovin' from the Oven. No promises, but I might be making this tonight!

Molasses Cookies from Eat, Live, Run. Just bought a new jar of molasses!

Cranberry Cornbread Muffins from Can You Stay For Dinner. Can anyone say Thanksgiving?!

Perfect Pie Crust from Brown Eyed Baker. It is pie season after all.

Here's the two I'm most excited about. They're both from How Sweet It Is. I'd say I want to make about 95% of the things Jessica posts...

Everything Flatbread Crackers

Homemade Animal Crackers- I saw these when I got home today and had I had the necessary tiny little cookie cutters, found here, I would have made them IMMEDIATELY. But alas, I don't. So they'll have to wait.

And how cute are these?
Mini Lasagnas from Can You Stay For Dinner

More in the dinner department:

Black Bean Burgers from Basil Vodka

Cranberry Chicken Curry from Eat Spin Run Repeat

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas  from Gluten Free Goddess


Whew....I told you I had a bunch!! Any requests?

I'll leave you with this:

Baby Sock Advent Calendar- I'm not afraid to admit that I just might go out and buy some baby Christmas socks just so I can make this...and fill them with treats for myself :)

Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home