The Lean Green Bean

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chicken & Guac Panini


While I was waiting for my soup to cook, I put together some paninis for us to have with it. I sliced some chicken and cooked it with some paprika and black pepper, I roasted a red pepper, and I made some guacamole.


Put your pepper in the oven at 425 and ignore it for a while. When the skin is blistery and black, remove and let cool. Then peel off the skin and cut into slices:






In case you're unfamiliar with avocados, here's what I do:

Cut in half around the pit in the middle, twist gently and the two halves should separate. Then slam your knife down into the pit, twist and the pit should come out. Then use a spoon to scoop the yumminess from both sides into a bowl. Mash with a fork.





 
Throw in some chopped red onion, a tomato, jalapeno and cilantro and stir to combine. Add some lime juice and voila!
So now you have your guac and the rest of your panini fixins:


Slice your rolls or bread. I used some ciabatta rolls. Spread some guac on the bottom and top with chicken:


Top with peppers, red onion and pepperjack cheese:


 
Then use your panini maker, or your George Foreman in my case, and let them get warm and toasty. 

 


Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home