The Lean Green Bean

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Apple Chips


Hi Friends-

Somewhere, in one of the many magazines I get, I found this tiny tidbit about making apple chips.


I cut it out and it has been hanging out on my fridge, as well as in my mind, for quite some time...always there...nagging me...but not enough to get me to actually make them. Well today I did. And they're delicious! And SO simple. Here's what you do:


Core your apples:


Use a mandolin, or a verrrry steady hand to slice them as thin as you can get them...so they're almost see through...and lay them on a baking sheet:


 The recipe said to sprinkle with sugar but my apples are quite sweet already so I used cinnamon instead:


Bake at 200 degrees for about an hour and a half. I turned mine over once but I think the heat is low enough that you don't really need to. Remove and consume :)
**EDIT: Definitely flip them over half way through. I tried not flipping on my second batch and ended up flipping them and leaving them in longer. Flipping them gives both sides a chance to dehydrate!***



Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home