The Lean Green Bean

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Back to the Basics Banana Bread

Sometimes it's good to go back to the basics. And make something so simple that you really don't have to think about it.


I'd say I've been making banana bread for as long as I can remember. Second only to chocolate chip cookies. I've made MANY different versions. I've tried to make it healthier, made it with oil, made it without oil, made it with Bisquick, made it with applesauce, made it with chocolate chips....you get the idea....

But I must say, this is the best recipe I've found. I have NO IDEA where it came from, but it's handwritten in one of my recipe books and something has to be pretty darn good for me to write it in one of those.

So here we go:

2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1/3 c vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips if desired

Here are your picture directions. It's that simple.







 
For those of you who are not visual people, that means: Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs, add the bananas (mashed), vanilla and yogurt, add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, stir until just combined, bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. 
My favorite way to eat it is to cut a couple slices, spread some butter on them and put them in a hot pan until they get nice and warm with a golden brown crust.

Enjoy! I may or may not have already eating half of a loaf since last night :)
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home