The Lean Green Bean

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Little Things: The List


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In the spirit of this lovely holiday, I wanted to take a moment to give thanks for some of the most important people in my life:

1) To my husband: Thank you for being there for me every single day. For loving me unconditionally, supporting me in everything I do, making me laugh, taking care of me and being the best husband a girl could ask for.

2) To my family near and far: Thank you for always being there for me even if we can't always be together. For encouraging me to follow my dreams, giving me the freedom to make my own choices, worrying about me, continually challenging me to be the best I can be, and for loving me more than I sometimes feel like I deserve. I love you all and miss those of you who aren't here. I wish we could all be together today.

3) To my friends near and far: Thank you for being my support system. For calling and emailing even if you have nothing important to say, making me laugh so hard I cry, letting me be my silly self without judging me, asking me about school even though you know I will probably launch into a 30 minute speech containing way more school-related information than you could ever care about knowing, giving me advice even when I can't ask for it and for everything positive you bring into my life. I love all of you, and miss those of you I don't see nearly often enough.

4) To every single person reading this blog: Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to read what I write. For leaving comments, supporting me, encouraging me to keep doing what I'm doing and for caring enough about me to read about what's going on in my kitchen. You guys are the best!

And finally, as promised, I have been keeping a list for the past month of "little things" that make me happy...

Here's my top 30 "Little Things" in no particular order:

  1. Bobby pins
  2. Slippers
  3. Pump up texts
  4. When everything fits neatly in your lunchbox
  5. Hitting all the green lights
  6. Craigslist
  7. My GPS
  8. The ability to print multiple PowerPoint slides per page
  9. Sunshine
  10. Finding a parking spot right next to the cart return
  11. Naps
  12. Quick email responses
  13. Second chances
  14. 80’s music
  15. Pimples that pop
  16. Crunchy green beans
  17. Hugs
  18. Breakfast foods
  19. Pandora
  20. Date nights
  21. Pictures
  22. Flip flops
  23. Strong magnets
  24. Shout-outs
  25. Hot showers
  26. Jokes- corny, inside, lame
  27. Knowing all the lyrics to a song
  28. Glasses for when my eyes are too tired to put my contacts in
  29. Finding a piece of gum in the bottom of your bag when you think you’ve run out
  30. Having all your socks match up when you fold your laundry
  31. DVR
 Yes, that is 31...consider it similar to a baker's dozen :)

What made your list?

--Lindsay--

Also...I'm thankful for my furry little friends. How can you not be thankful that you get to wake up to this little face every morning?


1. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home