The Lean Green Bean

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mimi's Cornbread


Here's a secret family recipe for you- my Mimi's cornbread. So delicious.

I made a half batch for just the hubby and I, but I'll give you the full quantities to make a 9x13 pan.

What you need:
1/2 c melted butter
1 jar baby food prunes *this is the secret ingredient. DON'T LEAVE IT OUT!
3 c Bisquick
1 c sugar
3 large eggs
6 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c milk

What you do:
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.


 Add the wet ingredients.



Stir to combine.


Pour into greased pan. Like I said, the quantities above make a 9x13 pan. Tonight, I cut all the ingredients in half and made an 8x8 pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

P.S. I also made a small batch of this but shhhh, don't tell...I didn't follow the directions. I just mixed the squash, cranberries and apple together, added a tsp of butter, cubed and a tsp of sugar and threw it in the oven with the cornbread. Sometimes you gotta cut corners when it's 10pm and you haven't eaten yet ;)





2 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

I made this for Thanksgiving! but i must admit- i left out the prunes. I thought of you the whole time I made it though :)

November 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

don't leave out the prunes!!! they just add sweetness :)

November 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home