The Lean Green Bean

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grandma's Jello



Hello My Friends!

As promised, here is the recipe for Grandma's Jello!

This is probably the best jello you will ever make...so prepare yourselves. SO GOOD! And so easy. It has been a Thanksgiving staple in our house for as long as I can remember.

To begin, purchase strawberry jello. I chose sugar free but you can use regular. You need two of the big boxes. It's that good. Just trust me.

Then gather your supplies. Here's what you need:


Strawberry jello
Coolwhip
Sliced strawberries- no sugar added
A mixer

Prepare the jello according to the directions on the box:




Do yourself a favor and make sure the bowl is big enough...I cut it close as you can see. 
While the jello is setting, move your cool whip and strawberries to the fridge to thaw. I used fat-free coolwhip but any kind will do. Usually I buy a container of pre-cut strawberries from the store, but this year I happened to have a GIANT bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer so I just thawed some out and cut them up. Your choice.

When the jello is set and the coolwhip is thawed,  mix up the jello and then scoop the cool whip into the jello (I usually use about 1/3 of the container). Insert the mixer and blend away:



 
Stir in the strawberries and consume:



 
Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home