The Lean Green Bean

Friday, December 10, 2010

Gingerbread Muffins


Hi Friends!

Today I did a lot of baking so I have lots to share with you today! We'll start with these gingerbread muffins from The Novice Chef blog. When I saw them posted last week they were SO CUTE and sounded SO GOOD that I knew I had to make them!

Here's the recipe!

You will need:
1/2 cup 2% milk (I used skim)
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg (I left this out)
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, salt and spices in a bowl.In a separate bowl, mix the egg, molasses, melted butter, and milk mixture together. (Yes, I play while I bake)


Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just blended.


Using a piping bag or ziplock baggie, fill pre-greased mini muffin tins about 3/4 full.  (I just used a spoon, not a piping bag)



Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook the muffins, as they can dry out easily.





 These little guys are so delicious! Like eating a gingerbread man, in muffin form :)

Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Great recipe!!

December 10, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home