The Lean Green Bean

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Greetings from NYC

Hi, it's Lindsay...I can't come to the blog right now, I'm too busy

..watching goats ride ponies. Yes, we went to the circus. It was not as good as we'd hoped for but this was definitely the highlight!




 ...eating good food. Last night we went to a restaurant called Fish Tag- a new restaurant on the Upper West Side. All of the food was delicious.





 We each got our own little jug of water...so cute!




 And we ate sorbet and ice cream for dessert. Mine was pomegranate...delicious!


 ...drinking beer. Today we wandered around the West Village. You can see how much snow they got. It was the 5th worst storm in city history and it took us two extra days to get here because of it! Lots of cars are literally plowed in to wherever they were parked and now that it's a bit warmer, it's a slushy mess!




We stumbled upon this place called The Blind Tiger. AWESOME beer selection and great lunch food. As you can see, we dug in. We had quesadillas, grilled cheese, tortilla soup, chili and hummus.







In other news, we had a belated Christmas with my parents and I am now the proud new owner of a Macbook Pro! It's so beautiful and pretty and I love it. I'm still trying to adjust and learn all the tricks as I've always been a PC person...but so far so good!!

I came across this article today...just not sure I agree with the man who says "if you're programmed to be fat, an apple will just make you fatter..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/health/28zuger.html?_r=1&ref=health

What do you think?

Time for dinner! Leave me a message after the beep!

--Lindsay--

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amy at TheSceneFromMe said...

Oh la la! Have fun in the city!

December 30, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

Hope you're having a great time!!! It looks like it! :)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas :)

I'm a Mac and PC fan, but hubs is a Mac fanatic all the way. Enjoy your Macbook Pro!

On New Year’s Eve, I’ll be saying good-bye from my blog, “A Day in the Life of a Grad Student’s Wife”. I appreciate you following me there, and I hope you will visit my new blog, “A Professor’s Wife”, at http://www.aprofessorswife.com! I’m celebrating the new year, the end of my husband’s 7-year stint as a grad student, and my new phase in life beginning on New Year’s Day with an official blog launch/post, and I would love for you to join me!
You can head on over to http://www.aprofessorswife.com now, and start following via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, and/or email so you don’t miss a thing!
I hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday season. Happy 2011, and I’ll see ya around at “A Professor’s Wife”!
-Stephanie S.

December 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home