Best of 2010
Since I started this blog back in August, it has grown into more than I ever could have imagined. I've tried tons of new recipes, I've made new friends, I've learned new things and I've had a blast doing it! I'm (hopefully) on my way to NYC tomorrow for a few days of rest and relaxation before a new year and a new quarter of school get under way.
Since I finally took the time last month to create a recipe index for you guys, I thought now would be a great time to share some of my favorite recipes in each category...so here we go!
1) Veggie Rollups
2) Homemade Soft Pretzels
3) Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
4) Sweet Potato Hummus
1) Pasta with Chickpeas, Spinach and Squash
2) Mashed Potato Bowl
3) Curried Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
4) Pot Pies
5) Crockpot Pot Roast
1) Sweet Potato Chips
2) Grandma's Jello
3) Strawberry Spinach Salad
4) Apple, Bacon & Spinach Salad
5) Crockpot Applesauce
Soups & Sandwiches
1) Salmon & Corn Chowder
2) Homemade Veggie Broth
3) Spinach & Chickpea Soup with Spinach
4) Almond Crusted Fish Sandwich
5) Chicken & Guac Panini
1) Baked Pumpkin Donuts
2) Cranberry Corn Muffins
3) Gingerbread Muffins
4) Sweet Potato Biscuits
1) Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
2) Chewy Lemon Cookies
3) Snickers Surprise Cookies
4) Graham Cracker Eclair Cake
5) Brownie Chunk Cookies
Before the new year, I also took the time to set some goals for 2011!
Goals for 2011:
1) Take better pictures
- To do this I'm going to set up a little photography station. I'm going to buy some fabric to cover the table and get some dishes specifically for photographing food. I'm also looking into buying a lamp that can recreate natural light since I do a lot of my cooking in the evening.
2) Share my learning
-I'm in school to become a Registered Dietitian. I'm passionate about health and nutrition...why not share what I'm learning in school with my readers?!
3) Increase reader interaction
-I want to hear from my readers! I want to know that I'm not just here talking to myself. I want more reader requests!!
4) Make The Lean Green Bean bigger and better!
-This is already in the works! Stay tuned for some new changes!
So now you tell me:
-What was your favorite Lean Green Bean recipe this year?
-Do you have any Reader Requests?
-Do you have any recommendations to help me with my 2011 goals??
Wishing you a safe and happy 2011. Can't wait to see what's in store :)