The Lean Green Bean

Monday, October 11, 2010

Crockpot Monday: Pot Roast

Hi Friends-

So it seems to be becoming kind of a "thing" for me to use my crockpot on Mondays. Today was no exception. I had a test to take and didn't want to have to come home and deal with dinner. Inspired by the random pack of onion soup mix I had leftover from making uhh...whatever it was I made with the first packet (READ: I can't remember at the moment!)...and a tip from a reader, I decided to make a pot roast. Pot roast is another thing that I have little to no experience with because I never really eat it, but the hubby likes it and with a crockpot I figured I couldn't really mess it up.


So, all I did was:

Chop up some red potatoes, onion, and green pepper and throw them in the pot with some whole baby carrots.


*I sprinkled them with my new salt-free seasoning because I was so excited to try it out AND I used my crockpot liner...woohoo!

Unwrap the meat (Not going to lie, I had to ask the nice Meijer employee who was restocking the meat while I was there which kind I should buy...I had no idea!) and place it on top of the veggies.


 
*Another sidenote: If I didn't mention this before, Saturday morning is THE BEST time to go to my grocery store. It's when they restock everything so everything is fresh and full and there are lots of employees around if you have questions!

Anyways, I got the meat and veggies ready the night before and put the pot in the fridge overnight. Right before I left for the day, I poured about 2 cups of water into the pot and topped everything with the packet of onion soup.


Cook on low for 4-6 hours and enjoy!

The result? Success!! The hubby loved it- he had two helpings...the onion soup topping was a big hit. And may I just say...crockpot liners are just about the greatest invention EVER!!

Another bonus from my grocery trip was that I found asparagus on sale! One of the hubby's favorite side dishes is balsamic roasted asparagus:

Cut the ends off the asparagus.


Drizzle with olive oil and a little salt and pepper.


Roast at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on how crunchy you like your asparagus. Remove from the tray and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.



In other news...Lunch Today:


Yummmm...peanut butter and banana toast and my first pear in FOREVER!

Any reader requests out there?!

Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home