The Lean Green Bean

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Strawberry Banana Oatmeal


Since dinner is probably going to be a leftover night, allow me to share my lunch with you!

Take some plain old oatmeal (that's right, the plain, no sugar added, original flavor kind):



Add some leftover homemade strawberry sauce:



Stir it all together. Add some sliced bananas:


Add more strawberry sauce:


Devour.


It.was.delicious.

I spent most of my day finishing up my recipe organizing. After I caught the hubby staring at me last night like I had an alien growing out of my head because I was surrounded by about 15 piles of magazine cutouts that appeared to be in no discernible order, I decided I needed to buckle down and finish up the project today. I had some recipes in a previous notebook but for some reason I used that sticky paper that used to be in photo albums back in the early 90's where you peel back the plastic sheet and stick the pictures directly on the page? You know the stuff....works great for photos...works not so great for thin magazine page recipes if you ever want to move them around. I spend a good long while peeling the recipes I wanted to move to the new book off the sticky paper, after which they immediately curled up into tight little rolls,  making them nearly impossible to organize, even after I smashed them in my heaviest textbook for three days...but I prevailed!

I turned this:



Into this:



Woo hoo!


In other news, I almost ate my camera's memory card this afternoon because it is the exact same size and shape as the Kashi crackers I was having for a snack. I had the  crackers in one hand, the memory card in another, and I came dangerously close to chomping down on the wrong one! Whoops :)

Here's your Christmas card for the day- yes, we were both orchestra nerds and yes,  those are matching velvet dresses:


Here was the actual winner that went out with the Christmas cards that year. It was a big hit!


Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

6 Comments:

Blogger Chunky Knubby Navel said...

Mmm...that looks delicious. And congrats on getting all of your recipes organized. Fun blog =)

Whitney

December 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Amy at TheSceneFromMe said...

That strawberry sauce looks wonderful! I'd love a little in a glass of tea, or in a bowl of oatmeal too!
It would make a great strawberry shake as well!

December 16, 2010 at 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

thanks Whitney! and Amy, yummmm strawberry shake! I do have a little left...

December 16, 2010 at 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Maria @ Oh Healthy Day said...

I love your twist on oatmeal! I see so many oatmeal recipes that have nut butters in them and I'm just a much bigger fruity fan for breakfast - I have to try this! YUM!

December 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM  
Anonymous holly said...

You should comes organize my pile-o-recipes :)

{I'll pay you in baked good and veggie soup}

December 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

send 'em over girl...you got yourself a deal!

December 18, 2010 at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home