The Lean Green Bean

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Squash & Spinach Stir-fry

 Some nights you eat early, some nights you eat late...unless you're some sort of freaky robot that has dinner on the table at the same time every night! Tonight was a late night for us and I made a quick and easy stir-fry. I love stir-fry...and like chili, I like that you can put pretty much anything you want into it, scoop it onto some rice, add a little soy sauce and call it day. On this particular evening I had a butternut squash that has been residing in my pantry for quite a while and was starting to get on my nerves, and a LARGE container of baby spinach. So here's what I came up with. It's a Lean Green Bean original so no recipe link for you!


Start your rice first, especially if you're using brown rice. I used white tonight because that's what was in the first open bag I grabbed. While that's cooking, heat up a large pan with some oil and garlic. I cut off the neck  part of my squash and only used that tonight- save the round bottom part for another night. Slice off the skin and dice into small cubes. Key word here is SMALL...you want it to cook semi-quickly in the pan:


Next I added some diced red  peppers out of the freezer and some onions and seasoned them with my NEW McCormicks and some cayenne pepper.

Next I added matchstick  carrots, broccoli and some pork from the freezer that I cooked the last time I made pork tenderloin.


I grated some fresh ginger over the pan, added a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a splash of orange juice and then dumped some baby spinach on top.  


Add a little water and continue cooking until the spinach wilts. Serve over rice and top with soy sauce. 


Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home