The Lean Green Bean

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Hi Friends!

Today was recipe club day. The theme of month was brunch--my favorite so far! I'd been craving some pumpkin pancakes so I thought this would be a good excuse to give them a try.
*Original recipe found here


Ingredients:

1 medium egg
1 cup milk
¾ cup unbleached white flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup cooked pumpkin
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
Pinch powdered ginger


Directions:

1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the pumpkin and egg and some of the milk.


Stir, then gradually add more milk. You may not need to use it all.




2. Cook them on the griddle :) I add a couple chocolate chips once they on the griddle.


3. Enjoy! I really liked these. I like that they use whole wheat flour. And the pumpkin makes them a great, healthy start to the morning. I double the recipe and it made a ton! In fact, I ate them for dinner tonight and they're in the lunchbox for tomorrow :)


Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cooper said...

Great bllog you have

June 27, 2022 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home