The Lean Green Bean

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pan Seared Salmon & Garlicky Swiss Chard


Hi Friends-

When I was thinking about what I wanted to eat this week, salmon definitely topped the list. So yesterday, I put some fillets, that I had pre-cut before freezing, into the fridge and they were all thawed out by dinner time tonight! I also had some A LOT of swiss chard that needed to be used up.

Isn't it pretty? It's just like spinach....only prettier (Only prettier, Miranda Lambert...anyone?!)



 To start, chop up some onion and LOTS of garlic and start sauteing. 


Also start your rice!


Don't start your salmon until your rice is about 1/2 way done cooking.

While I was waiting for the rice to cook, I decided to toss the other half of the sweet potato that I used on Sunday in with the onions and garlic.Last minute game plan changes are allowed!


Then I made myself a little snack to munch on :)


For the salmon, get your pan super hot! I always start mine with the skin side up if there is any, so I can get a nice sear on the flesh side, and then cook it the rest of the way skin side down. Leave the fish alone when you first put it in the pan to get that nice color...RESIST THE URGE to move it around. 



While the salmon is cooking, slice the stems off your chard, cut into smaller pieces and rinse in a salad spinner. Then add it to the potato and onion pan. Ok so PERHAPS i should have used a bigger pan, but I knew it would wilt!



See? Told you. Just carefully mix it around and add some water to help.

When your salmon is cooked, peel off the skin. It should come off easily if it's nice and crispy from cooking.

 
Squeeze some lemon juice over the swiss chard mixture and the salmon. Plate and serve with rice!



Enjoy!
--Lindsay--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home