The Lean Green Bean

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hidden Talents

I'm a firm believer that everyone has a hidden talent or two. My hubby is no exception. Most of you may be unaware, but he is in fact world's best pumpkin carver!!

Since this weekend is the last before Halloween, I thought I'd give you a little inspiration by showing off some of his best work!

This one was done our senior year of college. He drew the flower free-hand by looking at one of the glasses in our kitchen cupboard:



 This one took forever because he wasn't carving all the way through the pumpkin, just scraping away enough to let the light shine through:


 This is my favorite one of all-time. I think it's hilarious and I make him carve it almost every year :)


 Script OHIO...I mean, come on...who carves that on a pumpkin? So good!


We even carved pumpkins for the save-the-dates for our wedding! Shout out here to our friend Doug who received this in the mail, and then texted me to ask when the wedding was...


You'll notice mine are a little more elementary... I do things like cats and dogs...and my name...and he does stuff like spider webs and skulls...




Last year he did a really awesome Jayhawk...and then Abner gnawed off the K and the U so it was not nearly as cool!



What's the coolest pumpkin you've ever carved? And what should Brett carve this year?

--Lindsay--

1 Comments:

Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Wow, he is quite talented. Love the save the date carving. Such a cool idea.

October 22, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home