The Lean Green Bean

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Turkey Two Ways & Bookmarks


Tonight is yet another night this week that I didn't go to the grocery store. Let's keep in mind that I have been needing to go since LAST Friday....whoops. So tonight was another clean out the fridge night. And when I say that, I really mean it:




I know, pathetic right?

We had some ground turkey flawing in the fridge that needed to be cooked tonight. The hubby wanted tacos. I wanted spaghetti. We both won!

Your stove has more than one burner! Split the package in half and make turkey two ways.




His had some garlic and cumin, black beans from the freezer, tomatoes and cheese. Mine had half a zucchini, some frozen red peppers, onion, garlic and some crushed tomatoes.



Add a little wine and call it a day:


Also, look what was waiting for me when I got home today:


Yeah buddy! A food scale! My mom got it for me :) I weighed my Cheerios just to test it out. Works great.

I also realized I have not shared any of my bookmarks with all of you lately, so here we go...

Today in Lindsay Likes:

Real food:
Homemade Peanut Butter from Gimme Some Oven
French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms from The Pioneer Woman
Shrimp Scampi from How Sweet It Is
Crispy Taco Wings from The Noble Pig
Thai Chicken Quesadillas from Gimme Some Oven
Sweet Potato Hummus from A Cozy Kitchen
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate from Heather's Dish
Sweet Potato Biscuits  from A Cozy Kitchen
Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits from A Cozy Kitchen
Soft Cheese & Pepperoni Bread from Brown Eyed Baker

And now for the desserts:
Ice Cream Cupcakes from Framed
Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting  from The Comfort of Cooking
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies  from How Sweet It Is
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from A Food For Thought
Mini Pumpkin Brownie Bites from Baking With Basil
Gingerbread Biscotti from A Cozy Kitchen
Oh Baby Bars  from Eat Live Run
Salted Toffee Chocolate Squares  from Framed
Almond Chocolate Toffee Squares  from Savory Sweet Life
Chocolate & Peppermint Bark Cookies from Cookin' Canuck
Almond Roca  from Tasty Kitchen
Peppermint Bark from Brown Eyed Baker

Anything strike your fancy?

Any votes for what I should make for my cookie exchange next week??

Any requests?

Enjoy!
--Lindsay--






.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PB and J cookies!!

December 2, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home